An estate plan is something everyone needs, yet only one in three adults has it. Families, couples and individuals all need to consider what will happen to their assets when they are no longer here. While it is not the most pleasant matter to think about, it is essential to address it sooner rather than later.
The Denver estate planning lawyers at Chayet & Danzo, LLC, are ready to help you begin your estate planning journey. Whether you need a simple will or a comprehensive estate plan, we will work to ensure that, on the estate planning front, you are prepared and protected.
Why Choose Chayet & Danzo, LLC?
By choosing Chayet & Danzo, LLC, you are putting your future in the hands of our award-winning estate planning attorneys. We know the ins and outs of estate planning, and we have the knowledge to make the process clear and approachable for our Denver neighbors. We have history on our side, too: we have been serving estate planning clients for over 20 years.
We also emphasize the importance of having a comprehensive estate plan to our clients. We help each client we work with craft an estate plan uniquely tailored to their needs, and which may include the following documents:
- Last will and testament: We help people take steps to fulfill their wishes.
- Living will: We ensure people’s medical treatment preferences are documented.
- Trusts: We assist clients in setting up multiple types of trusts, including revocable and irrevocable trusts.
- Durable power of attorney: We work with people to designate someone who can handle their financial affairs if they are no longer able.
- Health care power of attorney: We partner with clients to help them designate someone who can make medical decisions for them if the need arises.
We can assist clients with the following estate planning services as well:
- Asset protection planning: Litigation can put people’s assets at risk. We implement safeguards to protect them.
- Business succession planning: When business owners are ready to pass the torch, we help them make plans to ensure their enterprise continues to thrive.
- Charitable planning: Many of our clients want to pass a portion of their assets along to charities of their choice. We give them the tools to accomplish this.
- Estate plan reviews: Life changes, and your estate plan should change with it. We assist clients with revising their estate plans as needed.
- Guardianships: Individuals with certain disabilities or illnesses often need extra protection. We help their families set up guardianships and conservatorships to ensure their safety and well-being.
- Legacy planning: A person’s legacy extends far beyond their assets, and includes their traditions, values and views. We work with clients to create estate plans centered around these things and that pass them along to future generations.
You can learn more about our estate planning services and read some commonly asked questions here.
How Do Revocable And Irrevocable Trusts Differ?
A trust is an estate planning mechanism that holds people’s assets during their lifetime. The trust holder, or grantor, funds the trust and stipulates the terms of how its contents will pass to their beneficiaries. While some people use trusts to complement their wills, others use them to obviate the need for a will entirely.
Revocable trusts, also called living trusts, are popular due to their flexibility. They are relatively easy for people to create and fund, and allow for modifications over time. By contrast, irrevocable trusts cannot be modified. Yet, they offer tax advantages and help people in high-risk professions shield their assets from potential lawsuits.
If you are unsure which type of trust best suits your circumstances, our Denver estate planning lawyers can help you weigh the advantages and disadvantages of each.
Schedule A Free Consultation With Our Denver Estate Planning Lawyers
The lawyers at Chayet & Danzo, LLC, are prepared to use their experience to help you meet your estate planning goals. Our Denver office serves the Denver area including Littleton, Highlands Ranch and Aurora. If you need to discuss your estate planning needs with a Denver estate planning attorney, email us or call us at 888-472-1088.
Chayet & Danzo, LLC
650 S.Cherry St., Suite 710
Denver, CO 80246