Serving Colorado Families And Businesses With Dignity In Times Of Need
Tamara E. Trujillo
Senior Managing Associate Attorney
- Elder Law
- Contested Guardianships and Conservatorships
- Complex estate litigation
- Probate administration
- Estate planning
- Colorado, 2009
Tamara Trujillo began practicing elder law and joined Chayet & Danzo, LLC in December 2009. She works in the areas of elder law, contested guardianships and conservatorships, complex estate litigation, probate administration, and estate planning. Ms. Trujillo is also an adjunct professor in Elder Law at the University of Colorado School of Law with Marco Chayet.
Ms. Trujillo is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys where she is an incoming Director, a member of the Guardianship Steering Committee, a past chair of the Steering Committee for the New and Transitioning Attorney's Section, and a member of the Trends Committee.
Ms. Trujillo is also a member of the Colorado Bar Association's Elder Law and Trust and Estate Sections. She serves on the Elder Law Section Executive Council. She is also a member of the Denver Bar Association. She also volunteers for Metro Volunteer Lawyers.
Ms. Trujillo received her Juris Doctor from Valparaiso University School of Law where she was active in the Trial Advocacy Program, the Client Counseling Program, the Volunteer Income Tax Program and assisted clients through Valparaiso's Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.
Ms. Trujillo earned her undergraduate degree from The Ohio State University. She grew up in the Denver area, graduating from Colorado Academy, and now resides in Parker, Colorado with her husband and two daughters. She enjoys running, horseback riding, reading, and traveling.
- Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Indiana
- Honors: Trial Advocacy Program
- Honors: Client Counseling Program
- Honors: Volunteer Income Tax Program
- Honors: Valparaiso's Low Income Taxpayer Clinic
- The Ohio State University Columbus, Ohio
- Major: Marketing
- Major: Real Estate and Urban Analysis
- American Bar Association, Member
- Colorado Bar Association, Elder Law Section
- Colorado Bar Association, Trust and Estate Section, Member
- Denver Bar Association, Member
- The National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Director
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Guardianship Steering Committee, Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Steering Committee for the New and Transitioning Attorney’s Section, Past Chair
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Trends Committee, Member
- Colorado Bar Association's Elder Law, Elder Law Section Executive Council
Pro Bono Activities
- Metro Volunteer Lawyers, volunteer
- Valparaiso University Trial Advocacy Competition Winner
- Valparaiso University Trial Advocacy Best Advocate
Classes & Seminars
- Adjunct professor in Elder Law, University of Colorado School of Law