More Than 20 Years Of Serving Colorado Families And Businesses In Times Of Need
Tamara E. Trujillo
Senior Associate Attorney
- Colorado, 2009
Tamara Trujillo began practicing elder law and joined Chayet & Danzo, LLC in December 2009. She works as the senior associate attorney in the areas of elder law, contested guardianships and conservatorships, complex estate litigation, probate administration, and estate planning. Ms. Trujillo is also an adjunct professor in Elder Law at the University of Colorado School of Law with Marco Chayet.
Ms. Trujillo has earned the distinction as a Certified Elder Law Attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation and is a former director of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (2016-2020). Ms. Trujillo was named a 2022 & 2023 Super Lawyers Rising Star for her work in Elder Law, as well as being recognized by her peers in 5280 Magazine as a Top Elder law attorney. Ms. Trujillo is also a member of the Colorado Bar Association's Elder Law and Trust and Estate Sections. She has served on the Elder Law Section Executive Council since 2010 and is a member of the Denver Bar Association.
Ms. Trujillo received her Juris Doctor from Valparaiso University School of Law where she was active in the Trial Advocacy Program, the Client Counseling Program, the Volunteer Income Tax Program and assisted clients through Valparaiso's Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.
Ms. Trujillo earned her undergraduate degree from The Ohio State University. She grew up in the Denver area, graduating from Colorado Academy, and now resides in Parker, Colorado with her family. She enjoys hiking, horseback riding, reading, and traveling.
- Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Indiana
- Honors: Trial Advocacy Program
- Honors: Client Counseling Program
- Honors: Volunteer Income Tax Program
- Honors: Valparaiso's Low Income Taxpayer Clinic
- The Ohio State University Columbus, Ohio
- Major: Marketing
- Major: Real Estate and Urban Analysis
- American Bar Association, Member
- Colorado Bar Association, Elder Law Section
- Colorado Bar Association, Trust and Estate Section, Member
- Denver Bar Association, Member
- Colorado Bar Association's Elder Law, Elder Law Section Executive Council
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association, Member
- The National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member, Past Director, Active Member of multiple Committees, and multiple past Committees
Pro Bono Activities
- Metro Volunteer Lawyers, volunteer
- Valparaiso University Trial Advocacy Competition Winner
- Valparaiso University Trial Advocacy Best Advocate
Classes & Seminars
- Adjunct professor in Elder Law, University of Colorado School of Law
- Elder Law Basics, Colorado Bar Association CLE